“In 2024, anything is possible.
If the trend continues, the job market will keep evolving this year,
and for the better. At least, that’s what the experts at Randstad are predicting,
as 2024 promises to be a year of varied employment opportunities
in more accessible fields for which a university education
is not necessarily required.”
Randstad Canada Unveils Its Top Jobs in 2024 – Press Release
As we look to launch our first or second career, we’re all looking for the magic formula for success and how to align our interests with a position guaranteed to be in-demand.
Well, every year Randstad Canada’s assessment and release of the top jobs of the year, gives us a few of the ingredients and insights to guide us on the way. There are myriad ways to tap the education and training you need to achieve your goals, via college courses in Toronto, private colleges in Ontario or the like.
Anderson College, with its 139-year track record for success with graduates landing careers they love and thrive within, has programs that specifically align with what Randstad has indicated are in demand.
Here they are … Anderson’s Programs that Lead to Top Jobs for 2024:
- Administrative Assistant – 48-week program led by industry experts, providing a foundation in business, from instruction and training in best practices for running a successful business, effective communication in an office setting, proficiency in office software including Microsoft Office, to learning the basics for bookkeeping, computerized accounting, and event planning.
- Logistics Coordinator – 46 weeks, including a 16-week practicum with on-the-job training, offsite with potential employers. In small-sized classes led by industry experts, this program introduces you to the modern practices and concepts of logistics and supply chain management as a vital part of corporate success in the local and global marketplace. You will gain professional competencies needed for entry-level careers in purchasing, logistics and supply chain management in various industries, public sector, retail, freight forwarding, import/export and other areas of the economy. Graduates of the program are eligible to receive the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA) certification, along with membership to the Supply Chain Management Association.
- Pharmacist Assistant – Available both in-person in a 44-week program that includes training in a simulated pharmacy setting and a 240-hour practicum offsite with potential employers, and online in a 34-week program with a 225-hour practicum, you’ve got viable options for training for this in-demand career. Both led by experts in the industry to offer context and insight, the curriculum covers areas such as: the role of the assistant, dispensing, provincial and federal legislation, pharmacology, community practice, compounding drug distribution systems, pharmaceutical calculations and more. You will also learn computer and communication skills and come away feeling confident in your ability to provide exceptional patient care.
- Accounting Technician – 49 weeks, this program provides you with an understanding of manual and computerized accounting payroll systems and the ability to apply this knowledge to business situations. Combining classroom theory with practical hands-on experience, you will develop the confidence and experience needed for a successful career in accounting and payroll administration. The National Payroll Institute (NPI), formerly known as the Canadian Payroll Association, offers the only payroll designation in Canada – the Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation. We are pleased to advise you that these designation exam fees are included in the tuition fee.
- Marketing Manager and Financial Analyst – While these are higher level positions to work toward, Anderson’ Business programs provide the foundation of knowledge to leverage and reach that senior position over time. Depending on your drive and career goals you can hone your business, marketing and finance skills in Business Accounting & Payroll, Accounting & Payroll Administration, Business Administration or Business Management. Amazing to note, is that all of these training programs can be completed within one year and you can be well on your way to launching your career and then working your way into the position you desire long term.
Also Worthy of Mention are These Careers That Connect to Anderson’s Leading Programs:
- Best healthcare jobs for 2024 (pharmacy assistant, medical office administration, pharmacy technician)
- Best administrative ¬jobs (administrative assistant, office manager, accounting clerk, admin officer, account payable and receivable clerk, legal assistant)
- Best accounting jobs (accounting clerk and technician, accounts payable and receivables, accounting assistants, accounts payable specialists, billing clerks, bookkeepers, payroll specialists)
- Best logistics jobs (logistics coordinators, operations coordinators, production coordinators, schedulers, warehouse workers, dispatcher, shipper/receiver)
Whether you are looking for opportunities for first careers, or second careers, you now know specifically where to begin your research. But there is absolutely no need to navigate this alone; we’re here to help you every step along the way, from selecting the program that’s right for you, to getting you launched into training and landing that in-demand career.
You can explore where your interests and potential training opportunities align by taking our Career Readiness Quiz; you can explore our 30+ programs, and when you’re ready, book a virtual appointment with our admissions team and we’ll get you started.
To our your most extraordinary year yet!
Quick Links to Fuel Your Success!
We want to make sure you have what you need to succeed! Check out these reference links: