ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking competent and dedicated Medical Laboratory Technologists to join our team as Teaching Assistant for our Medical Laboratory Technology program at our North York Campus location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mentor, coach, and support students through a commitment to educational excellence and passion in a variety of MLT disciplines
- Responsible for creating an effective and positive adult learning environment
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate practical skills
- Maintain laboratory protocols and equipment
- Teach the curriculum in person and online when required, as outlined by the college and in adherence with the CSMLS competencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about Medical Laboratory Science and sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Enjoys the dynamics of teaching and learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing participation in professional development
- Utilizes effective organization and time-management skill set
- Effective working in both a team environment and independently
- Employs excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Enjoys challenges and solving them through evidence
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and can work well under pressure.
- Medical Laboratory Technician with 2 years of experience with OSMT and CSMLS membership
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience and the use of educational learning management systems (D2L) is considered an asset.
- Experience in developing and delivering hybrid (online and in-class) curricula is considered an asset.
Hours of Work:
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm / 6:00 pm -10:00 pm
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, by all applicable laws and regulations.
The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination before your start date.