ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Anderson College is a premier Private Career College which has recently partnered with Westervelt College. Together, the two brands operate from nine locations across Ontario and offer over 30 leading-edge programs, eight of which are accredited.
The Founding Principle of Anderson College is embodied in the following statement:
“We believe in empowering people through education. We achieve this by delivering timely, holistic educational environments to targeted markets.”
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a competent and dedicated Medical Laboratory Technologists to join our team as an Educational Technologist and help launch our new Medical Laboratory Technology program at our Yonge St location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working with the program instructors and in compliance with the company policies, procedures, and regulatory and legal requirements, set-up lab procedures and activities, maintain laboratory equipment and supplies, and assist in the instruction of students during laboratory procedures.
- Laboratory Set-up: Prepare testing components, prepare lab set-up and take-down after procedures
- Follow detailed protocol, procedure, and instruction of procedures to prepare and implement course lab plans (set-up and take-down of labs)
- Collaborate with faculty on course needs including supplies, ordering and scheduled set-up
- Assist in laboratory equipment routine and preventative maintenance
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of biohazardous wastes and chemicals
- Store supplies and equipment as applicable
- Contribute to annual inventory and disposals
- Perform wash-up duties for laboratory
- Practice safety, environmental and or infection control methods
- Enforce infection control practices while working with Level II biohazardous material
- Maintain laboratory safety equipment
- Responsible for creating an effective and positive adult learning environment
- Develop, supervise, and may assist in the evaluation of practical skills
- Maintain laboratory protocols and equipment
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about Medical Laboratory Science and sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Utilizes effective organization and time-management skill set
- Effective working in both a team environment and independently
- Employs excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Enjoys challenges and solving them through evidence
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and can work well under pressure.
- Enjoys the dynamics of teaching and learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing participation in professional development
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Diploma
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Certified by the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Minimum two years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory environment
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.