About our Company
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives. With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training and supportive culture.
At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident and in-demand employees.
About the Role
Anderson College – Hamilton Campus is searching for a dedicated individual to join our faculty as an Instructor, Occupational Health & Safety. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about teaching and helping mature students develop skills needed to successfully transition into entry level positions in the field.
All qualified candidates should have
- Experience in an environment which requires ground level solutions finding and implementation
- Strong skills in the area of project management & budgeting (strong follow-up required)
- Exceptional track record in effective communication/influence, collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent track record in customer service & support
- Positive energy
- Previous training and/or facilitation experience is an asset.
- Graduate of a related diploma or degree
- At least 3 years of related professional occupational health and safety experience
- Must have CRSP certification
- Experience teaching adults an asset
Applicants are to be available to
- Monday through Friday from 6pm to 10pm.
- This is an online teaching position.
- Online Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.