ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives.
With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training and supportive culture. At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident and in-demand employees.
Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology, Downtown Campus is searching for a dedicated individual to join our faculty team as a Medical Office Administrator Program Instructor.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping mature students develop those skills needed to successfully transition into entry-level positions in the field.
Previous training and/or facilitation experience is an asset.
Applicants must be available to teach: Monday through Friday in the morning classes.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
- Ensure students are being taught following the approved curriculum
- Foster an environment of co-operation and co-ordination among instructional staff
- Communicate issues and concerns with students and education leadership
- Track and Record attendance and grades as per College’s policies
- Attend graduation ceremonies
- Implement and follow the policies and procedures established by the college
- Participate in meetings with staff when required
- Participate in student orientations
- Maintain proper records of student meetings
- Submit monthly reports to the Program Coordinator following Accreditation standards
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Inform students, beforehand, of the basis upon which their performance will be evaluated
- Organize and effectively use classroom time
- Use instruction techniques/methods that recognize and take into account the needs and learning capacities of students
- Modify techniques during instruction in response to the needs of the students
- Assist students in developing efficient learning skills and work habits
- Ensure all course objectives and modules are taught according to the program schedules
- Implement course outlines and daily breakdowns
- Modify course outlines in light of the needs of the students
- Establish an appropriate atmosphere in the classroom that is conducive to learning
- Maintain fair, firm, and consistent discipline with the students
- Regularly monitor student progress and adjust courses accordingly
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer, and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects
- Base the evaluation of students on the guidelines established by the College
- Ensure that the evaluation of students is appropriate
- Keep accurate and complete records of student performance
- Ensure all evaluation records are regularly updated on the college’s electronic server
- Prepare final examinations following guidelines established in the course outline
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in areas of responsibility
- Maintain professional registration through your governing body
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Four years’ minimum experience in the Medical field as an medical office administrator
- Formal training in a recognized educational institution
- Proficient in medical transcription
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, online education resources/platforms)
- Credentials must be kept on file at the campus and checked for renewal annually
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Teaching experience is an asset
Applications from people with disabilities are welcomed and encouraged. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.