ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking competent and dedicated Medical Laboratory Technologists to join our team and help launch our new Medical Laboratory Technology program at our North York Campus location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mentor, coach, and support students through a commitment to educational excellence and passion in a variety of MLT disciplines
- Responsible for creating an effective and positive adult learning environment
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate practical skills
- Maintain laboratory protocols and equipment
- Teach the curriculum in person and online when required, as outlined by the college and in adherence with the CSMLS competencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about Medical Laboratory Science and sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Enjoys the dynamics of teaching and learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing participation in professional development
- Utilizes effective organization and time-management skill set
- Effective working in both a team environment and independently
- Employs excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Enjoys challenges and solving them through evidence
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and can work well under pressure.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Diploma
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Certified by the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Minimum five years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory environment
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience and the use of educational learning management systems (D2L) is considered an asset.
- Experience in developing and delivering hybrid (online and in-class) curricula is considered an asset.
Hours of Work:
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm / 6:00 pm -10:00 pm
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
- Life insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
5734 Yonge Street, Suite 100
Toronto, ON M2M 4E7
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)