About our Company
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives. With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training and supportive culture.
At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident and in-demand employees.
About the role
We are seeking competent and dedicated Part-time Medical Laboratory Technologists to join our team and help launch our new Medical Laboratory Technology – Hybrid program at our North York location.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor, coach and support students through a commitment of educational excellence and passion in Histology and other MLT disciplines
- Responsible for creating an effective and positive adult learning environment
- Develop, supervise and evaluate practical skills
- Maintain laboratory protocols and equipment
- Teach the curriculum as outlined by the college and in adherence with the CSMLS competencies.
The ideal candidate
- Is passionate about Medical Laboratory Science and sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Specialization in Histology is required.
- Enjoys the dynamics of teaching and learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing participation in professional development
- Utilizes effective organization and time-management skill set
- Effective working in both a team environment and independently
- Employs excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Enjoys challenges and solving them through evidence
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and can work well under pressure.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Diploma
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Certified by the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Minimum five years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory environment
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience and the use of educational learning management systems (D2L) is considered an asset.
- Experience in the development and delivery of hybrid (online and in-class) curriculum is considered an asset.
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Teaching: 2 years (preferred)
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.