ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Anderson College is a premier Private Career College with five locations across the GTA, Hamilton, South Western Ontario and BC. Offering a wide range of health care and human services programs, Anderson College is a value-based organization that believes in high quality education, student satisfaction and industry-relevant facilities.
The Founding Principle of Anderson College is embodied in the following statement:
“We believe in empowering people through education. We achieve this by delivering timely, holistic educational environments to targeted markets.”
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking competent and dedicated Instructor for our Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant program at our Kitchener location. Please note that this is an in-campus role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mentor, coach and support students through a commitment of educational excellence and passion in MLA disciplines
- Responsible for creating an effective and positive adult learning environment
- Develop, supervise and evaluate practical skills
- Maintain laboratory protocols and equipment
- Teach the curriculum as outlined by the college and in adherence with the CSMLS competencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about MLA discipline and sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Enjoys the dynamics of teaching and learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing participation in professional development
- Utilizes effective organization and time-management skill set
- Effective working in both a team environment and independently
- Employs excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Enjoys challenges and solving them through evidence
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and can work well under pressure.
- Medical Lab Technician/Assistant Diploma
- Currently registered/certified and in good standing with CSMLS and MLPAO
- Minimum five years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory environment and two years of teaching experience.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience and the use of educational learning management systems (D2L) is considered an asset.
- Experience in the development and delivery of hybrid (online and in-class) curriculum is considered an asset.
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.