About our Company
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives.
With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training, and supportive culture. At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs, and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident, and in-demand employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as Instructor for our Health Information Management Program. The ideal candidate will have previous experience teaching and be passionate about helping mature students achieve their goals. The successful candidate must be comfortable with an in-person and online class set-up, working with students, and providing practical training at Anderson College.
- Observe students to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities, interests, and other individual characteristics
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives effectively to students
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests
- Instruct students in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Provide clear, precise, and consistent direction and support to students
- Exceptional track record in communication, influence, collaboration, and teamwork
- Previous training and/or facilitation experience is considered an asset
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check and Employment References
- Proven ability to set and achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Baccalaureate Degree in Health Information Management
- Registered and in good standing with the Canadian College of Health Information Management
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in ICD-10-CA and CCI classification, and CIHI abstracting
- Experience with information governance and records management principles and practices. CIHI Coding Guidelines grouping methodologies and Ontario Ministry of Health funding models.
- Must have experience from paper-based health records, electronic health records, and hybrid health records.
- Permanent, Part-time
- 12 hours per week
- Hours of work: Online Class for a minimum of 12 hrs per week (9:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
- Life insurance
- Online Teaching: 2 years (preferred)
- Canadian Health Information Management Association (required)
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.