About our Company
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives.
With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training, and supportive culture. At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs, and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident, and in-demand employees.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our administration team as a Financial Aid Officer for Anderson College- London Campus. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping mature students achieve their goals, be detail-oriented, and have strong customer service skills.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding financial status
- Provide comprehensive, timely services to all students and exceptional customer service at all times
- Set up tuition payment arrangements and contact students to collect outstanding balances to keep their accounts current
- Conduct preliminary financing interviews with new students
- Participate in all Ministry-sponsored financial assistance program training. Learn and maintain current knowledge of Federal and Provincial regulations about financial aid
- Provide accurate information and advise students on financial aid eligibility and various financial aid programs (training provided)
- Assist students in understanding and successfully managing their loan obligations (training provided)
- Post-secondary education in business or finance from an accredited educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience within the Private Career College industry is an asset
- Strong orientation towards high-volume, fast-paced, time-sensitive business operations
- Successful in maintaining exemplary customer service levels
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
***Please note: This is an on-site role. Local candidates are preferred. ***
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Bonus pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 37.5 Hours
- Financial services: 2 years (required)
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.