ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a competent and dedicated Career Services Advisor to join our team at Anderson College’s – North York Campus. The ideal candidate will have previous experience teaching adults and be passionate about helping mature students achieve their goals.
***Please note this role is a reliever for 1-year Maternity Leave (Start date: May 29, 2023, to May 24, 2024)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prospecting and Building relationships with graduate employers and practicum employers.
- Employer Caseload Development.
- Delivering inspiring workshops to all students.
- Being involved in classroom visits and one-on-one appointments to support the student’s employment needs.
- Maintaining high levels of satisfaction with graduates and employers.
- Participating in job fairs, career fairs, outreach activities, and employer meetings as required.
- Delivering a minimum of two Career Fairs per year with a minimum of 10 employers per event at an Anderson College location or outside location.
- Inviting employers on-site to interview and conduct information sessions. Every effort should be made to ensure one employer session occurs each month per location.
- Working closely with current students and alumni and providing resources to support their job search needs.
- Delivering high-level customer service to all past, current, and potential clients.
- Maintaining employment confirmations and reporting graduates’ documentation, per compliance regulations.
- Recording all career services activities in our database, including, but not limited to, employer partners, job leads, and daily activities.
- Maintaining high-level customer service to all campus team members.
- Supporting the faculty by bringing forth an employment-focused environment in the classrooms and campus environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the employer.
CORE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Relationship building – some prospecting, and sales acumen
- Strong administration skills
- Time management
- Good command of the English language
- Customer service/sales experience
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
- Workshop facilitation
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.