About our Company
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives. With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-calibre faculty, hands-on, real-life career training and supportive culture.
At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident and in-demand employees.
About the role
Provide quality delivery of assigned courses using the appropriate method including teaching, tutoring and lecturing in compliance with the company policies, procedures and regulatory and legal requirements.
Responsible for department administrative duties by planning, overseeing and documenting and implementing activities for the program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIMARY DUTIES
Instruction: Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction in lecture and or clinical/laboratory format based on the approved curricula.
Qualifications: Registered Cardiology Technologist – Active membership in good standing with the CSCT/OSCT
- Minimum two years of experience as a Registered Cardiology Technologist (if possess a medical degree)
- Minimum five years of experience as a Registered Cardiology Technologist without a medical degree.
- Proven knowledge of Graded exercise testing, including stress echo, nuclear, and pharmacological.
- Proven knowledge of all aspects of Ambulatory Monitoring.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Cardiac Implantable devices.
- Candidates with Intravenous skills preferred.
- Must be a member of the CSCT/OSCT in good standing.
- Knowledge of and commitment to college philosophy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to serve in the assigned discipline and perform the other duties effectively as described.
- Ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, including students with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and multiple demands.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply pertinent laws, rules and regulations
- Experience with innovative teaching methods, including the instructional use of computers.
Performs all duties inherent in an Instructor/Professional Technical role.
May be assigned other duties and special projects as required.
- Permanent, Full-time, Part-time
- Part-time hours: 25 per week
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Related Clinical Experience: 2 years (required)
- Cardio Tech: 2 years (required)
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.