ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives.
With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-caliber faculty, hands-on, real-life career training, and supportive culture. At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs, and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident, and in-demand employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Regulatory and Compliance Administrator/Coordinator at our Surrey, BC campus.
As a Compliance Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our organization adheres to relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies. You will be responsible for monitoring, implementing, and improving compliance measures across various departments and functions within the college. Your attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and knowledge of compliance frameworks will contribute to maintaining a high standard of ethical conduct and operational efficiency.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with an in-person and remote set-up working with students at Anderson College – Surrey Campus.
Position Location for on-campus schedules: 10362 King George Blvd, Suite 320Surrey, BC V3T 2W5Schedule of work: Monday to Friday, day shift
- Keeping student contacts up-to-date and maintaining student files.
- Preparing student action plans to remain compliant with PTIB ministry and Student ABC guidelines.
- Supporting the finance team in the timely withdrawal process and accounts with refunds.
- Guiding student services on action items as per the student requirements – such as study plans warning emails, withdrawals, restarting, postponing, etc.
- Supporting management team with different audits DLI and provincial KPI reports.
- Support with the development of documentation (i.e student handbooks).
- Answering and prioritizing all student queries quickly, clearly, patiently, and accurately.
- Maintaining the college’s reputation as a trusted and reliable educational institution, while exercising expertise and guidance with assisting our staff members in navigating compliance matters effectively, fostering a culture of accountability and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, law) or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and compliance frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools.
- Position Location for on-campus schedules: 10362 King George Blvd, Suite 320Surrey, BC V3T 2W5
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday, day shift
Anderson College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College’s vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Job Type: Permanent