Please review all the necessary requirements and documents required for enrollment in the Cardiology Technology program below.
CARDIOLOGY TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS
As a Cardiology Technologist, you will assist physicians by using various procedures and equipment to monitor, diagnose and treat cardiac arrhythmias, heart, and blood vessel disorders. Detecting heart disease and other cardiac pathologies involves a team of healthcare professionals, of which the Cardiology Technologist is a key player.
You are expected to be dependable, empathetic, a good communicator and be able to think critically on the spot. These qualities will put patients at ease and allow you, as the Cardiology Technologist, to accomplish the task as efficiently and effectively as possible.
From classroom to life:
- Gain real-time knowledge and best-practices onsite from our industry-expert instructors and offsite through a practicum with hospitals and cardiac clinics.
- Work within our fully equipped cardiology laboratory.
- Get hands-on training in non-invasive diagnostic cardiology procedures such as electrocardiograms, Holter monitoring, exercise tolerance testing,
Anderson College Cardiology Technology program is committed to graduating students with exceptional knowledge and practical skills allowing graduates to:
- Exceed industry standards for theoretical knowledge and practical skill sets.
- Challenge and surpass expectations on the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologist National Occupational Competency Profile Exam and qualify for CSCT and provincial membership.
- Secure employment as an entry level cardiology technologist.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional programs to our students across the board, but we’re particularly thrilled to say that our Cardiology Technology program has earned the Accreditation Seal for the Cardiology Technologist program with Accreditation Canada’s EQual program. This prestigious Accreditation confirms that Anderson College’s Cardiology Technologist program meets rigorous national standards and represents a significant achievement, reflecting the quality of our program’s development, delivery and practical training and, that the program’s evaluation process results in continuous improvement in quality. We also encourage and support you as you prepare for the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT) certification exams.