Top Reasons To Study In Canada
- The United Nations Ranked Canada as one of the Best Places to Live
- Work While Studying
- Internationally Recognized Education
- Learn or Improve another Language
- Growing Multicultural Communities
- Affordable Education and Living
Canada prides itself on multiculturalism and diversity. With ethnic foods readily available and cultural activities held often, Canada makes newcomers feel at home. Your international student advisor can help you get in touch with ethnic clubs and associations for you to join. Even with Canada’s high standards, the cost of living and tuition for international students is less than that in the USA and the UK.
Canada – A country that embraces culture and diversity! Ontario – A province that promises beautiful scenery and four very different seasons all year round. Toronto – A city filled with excitement, attractions and plenty of cultural hotspots that everyone can enjoy!
Anderson College – A college that encompasses what Canada is all about!
Please be aware that unfortunately, international students who graduate from diploma programs at Private Career Colleges (including Anderson College) are not eligible to receive a Post-Graduate Work Permit. While we are hoping that this policy may change in the future, if you are seeking a Post Graduate Work Permit, we recommend you research and consider a publicly funded college.
We have many international students that study with us for various other reasons outside of receiving a PGWP. If you are looking for the following, we may be the right fit for you:
- Seeking a superior educational experience that allows you to return to your country of origin with Canadian education and work experience (through practicum component in our programs, and, through work experience with the during-study off-campus work permits) ;
- Are in need of a community of support, compassionate faculty and staff committed to accommodating your needs, providing hands-on, practical experience, so that you can achieve success; and,
- Due to the high cost of studying abroad, are looking to work during your schooling experience. Anderson College has a set schedule that easily allows you to negotiate an opportunity to work up to 20 hours per week with the during-study off-campus work permit
How To Apply
Contact us today for more information on our programs and admissions requirements! An International Admissions Advisor will guide and assist you with the process.
Homestay organizations can find you a caring Canadian home that you can call your own for the duration of your stay here. You will have your own bedroom, as well as the use of family areas of the home, and join your host family for all meals. Please contact us for more information on a Homestay option that work best for you.
Places4Students is an Off-Campus Housing Service solution which allows student to search for apartment vacancies with listing rates that are less than most advertising mediums. Students can view property photos, floor plans, features and details before they decide to contact the landlord. This free service allows you to use Google maps to search for vacancies in the area of the College. Please visit their website https://www.places4students.com/Index.aspx for more information.
Applying For A Study Permit
Once you have been accepted into a program at Anderson College you will need to obtain a Study Permit granted from the Canadian Government. A Study Permit allows you legal permission to reside in Canada for the purpose of academic, professional or vocational training at an approved educational institution. To be issued a Study Permit you will need to follow the procedures outlined by the Canadian government office in your country of residence, and may have to provide some or all of the following documents:
- Valid Passport
- Letter of Acceptance issued by Anderson College
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of Medical Clearance
- Criminal Record Statement
For more information on studying in Canada, please refer to Immigration Canada’s website www.cic.gc.ca.
Anderson College of Health, Business and Technology is authorized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept and enroll international students! Anderson College’s designated learning institution number is O19386060342.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling us to talk to one of our Admissions Counsellors. They will walk you through a step-by-step process to ensure you are comfortable and excited to begin your international learning experience.
Before applying to Anderson College, please ensure that you satisfy the following requirements. These requirements must be met in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the Letter of Acceptance required to obtain a student visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend Anderson College.
- Complete our International Student Application Form online or by completing the downloadable form (click here to download the form).
- Pass the admissions test (Wonderlic test). You will need to find a proctor who can administer the said test by providing the proctor’s full name, business address, phone number, email and photo ID. The proctor can either be a teacher, guidance counsellor, engineer, lawyer, doctor or nurse. Depending on the program that you are applying for, there may also be additional entrance requirements. Please contact our Admissions Department for more information on the program-specific entrance requirements.
- Once accepted into a program, a registration contract must be completed. A registration deposit of 25% must accompany your contract. All payments must be made in Canadian Dollars. Included in the 25% is a non-refundable $500.00 administration fee if the application is cancelled or the visa is denied. For the processing of your contract, payment can be made in any of the following methods: (a) by sending a certified demand draft payable to Anderson College; (b) by providing a credit card; or (c) by bank or wire transfer. Payments made through bank or wire transfer should include an additional $15 to cover the bank transfer fee.
- The balance of the fees must be paid on the first day of classes.
- If your study visa/permit is declined, or you cancel the process, the registration deposit, other than the administration fee will be fully refunded. Refunds are processed within 30 business days from receipt of the refusal letter from the Canadian visa office.
- After the processing of your registration contract, a Letter of Acceptance will be issued.
For bank transfers, kindly transmit payments to (Bank transfers must include an additional $15.00 transfer fee):
Account Name: Anderson College
Bank Code: 003
Bank Name: Royal Bank of Canada, 2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4W 1A8
Account Number: 1057744
Transit Number: 06702
SWIFT Code: ROYCCAT2
Anderson College of Business, Health and Technology
180 Bloor Street West, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
FOREIGN TRAINED PROFESSIONALS
“Welcome To Your Canadian Experience”
There are thousands of new immigrants arriving in Canada each year to start a new life! Many of them are foreign trained healthcare professionals! If you are among those foreign trained Doctors, Technologists, Physiotherapists, or Nurses that are struggling to re-enter the health care sector, come join our college! We can help you overcome the obstacles you may be experiencing! Your healthcare career can continue in Canada!
With flexible schedules and payment plans Anderson College offers you the opportunity to earn Canadian Experience and a Canadian Diploma while saving you time and money!
Our courses are specifically designed to suit your experience and previous education in the field of Laboratory Science, Nursing or Rehabilitation. You are assessed individually on theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills and the program is concentrated around areas that need further training and practice.
Various departments of teaching will focus on routine medical procedures depending on the program, as well as familiarizing the student with equipment and terminology commonly used in the Canadian health field. Our Instructors work very closely with you to ensure that you receive the training you need to successfully complete the program and ultimately to re-enter the health field within Canada.
With over 28 years specializing in healthcare training, our college is well established within the healthcare sector. Your Anderson College diploma is recognized by employers for its high standard of excellence in quality training.
“Anderson College: A College You Can Be Proud Of!”
Our Career Services Department will assist you in preparing your resume and cover letter to ensure your prior learning is emphasized and regarded as highly as your newly earned Canadian Diploma and experience. We guarantee you our full support and guidance throughout your job search, and we will be with you every step of the way!!